Connect with us

I/O Circuits

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jknott, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jknott

jknott

Oct 23, 2011
    Hi I am new to circuit design. I have a chip that accepts a maximum input current of 200mA at 5 volts. My power supply is 20VDC and my sensors are 24v 100mA output. What kind of circuit can I use to power my chip with 5V and also take my sensor feedback down to something my chip can handle. Also the motor I want to power with the outputs is 12VDC and my output is 5VDC at 250mA max. What kind of output circuit could I use to make this work? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jay

2. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    For the 5V power supply you could use a voltage regulator such as the LM7805 mounted on a heat sink to dissipate at least 3 watts {(20-5)x(0.200)}. For the signal I/O it is not clear whether these are linear or logical interfaces. Also it makes a difference whether the motor draws 100 mA or 20 A of current. Need a lot more information here.

3. jknott

jknott

Oct 23, 2011
    For the I/O signals I am looking for linear and the motor draws 40-50A. Thanks

Ask a Question