Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I need to read the current variations from a device? please help

danishsoomro

Oct 29, 2012
Hello Electronic Genuises,

I am very very beginner in electronics and now I have to find out something which is related to pure electronics and I am seeking some real professional help from you guys.

PROBLEM:
I have a device like electronic Massager which has pads to stick on your body and it gives you electric pulses at different level and variations.

WHAT I WANT:

I want to read all those variations which includes, AMPLITUDE, FREQUENCY, TIME DURATION OF PULSE, PULSE STRENGTH. means I am trying to find out the how that device works and gives output electric pulses and timing.

I bought volt meter but it didnt work. :(

PLEASE, is there anybody who can help me to find all those values? can we do reverse engineer the circuit? is there any software I can connect and scan or read all the values? is there any other way to know all those values? I would really appreciate and THANKS all of you to read.

THANKS
:eek:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Well, you could use an oscilloscope (a digital one preferably so you can capture a single event) to look at the amplitude (voltage), and time (frequency, repetition rate, etc) of the device.

Then you could connect a load (rather than a body) to determine what effect this has on the factors measured above.

From that you should be able to determine all you need.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
It's a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) unit, there are tons of circuits to be found online... IMO, not worth trying to reverse engineer when there are plans out there and commercial units can be purchased for $15 - $25...

If you really want to reverse engineer one you are are going to invest far more in tools and equipment...

Last edited:

danishsoomro

Oct 29, 2012
Well, you could use an oscilloscope (a digital one preferably so you can capture a single event) to look at the amplitude (voltage), and time (frequency, repetition rate, etc) of the device.

Then you could connect a load (rather than a body) to determine what effect this has on the factors measured above.

From that you should be able to determine all you need.

Do you know any place where I can find this device and also will I be able to connect that Oscilloscope with my massager to scan?

Thanks I really appreciate your fast help thanks

danishsoomro

Oct 29, 2012
It's a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) unit, there are tons of circuits to be found online... IMO, not worth trying to reverse engineer when there are plans out there and commercial units can be purchased for $15 - $25...

If you really want to reverse engineer one you are are going to invest far more in tools and equipment...

Thanks alot for your input.

I already have a massager device, now i have a project to find out how that device or a TENS device works and their impact on our body. So I found so many electric circuit online but I could not find the numbers or exact values like AMPLITUDE, FREQUENCY, PULSE LENGTH AND STRENGTH, so I bought a device now I have no idea how to scan or find out the readings.

any further help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

danishsoomro

Oct 29, 2012
Did you Google? The first hit of many...

http://www.supportelectrotherapy.com/2/post/2011/04/tens-frequency-pulse-width-amplitude-oh-my.html

The specifics will vary by model as they all have their own patterns and adjustment knobs to alter the intensity and duration...

Yes buddy I did actually, every guide stating the range not the exact values of all the variables at one given pulse. And thats is why i am trying to scan it directly from the device so that I can set the parameters and take the readings and then adjust again and take another reading of all variables. I hope I am making sense here.

Appreciate ur help. may be you can give it a go on google and find something ,

Thanks alot for ur input and respond.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Yes buddy I did actually, every guide stating the range not the exact values of all the variables at one given pulse.

That is because they almost all have adjustment knobs, turn those knobs and those values change over the range indicated... Same with preset programs, they vary those values along the range as it runs, and this varies from model to model or program to program... There is no right or wrong or specific values...

You appear to be looking for a single answer when in fact there are 10s of thousands of answers to the question...

And thats is why i am trying to scan it directly from the device so that I can set the parameters and take the readings and then adjust again and take another reading of all variables. I hope I am making sense here.

And when you do this you will see exactly what that link shows that the value changes across the specified ranges depending on how far you turn the knobs...