Connect with us

I need a favour

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Raven Luni, Jul 14, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Greetings,

Situation: I am completely and utterly unable to write any configuration data to my PIC16F88s (specifically the 4 ID locations and the 2 configuration words - everything else is perfect). I have followed the ICSP spec to the letter and tried every other trick I could think of. I have already noted that the documentation is wrong in places (theres a rant thread around here with details)

What I need: If someone with a 'standard' programmer is able to write the configuration words and ID locations to a PIC16F87/88 (or possibly any of the other 14 bit / mid range devices) and physically record the logic levels on the data pin (RB7) as they are clocked in (RB6 is clock), I could compare this with what I'm sending. You'd be doing a crazy Wolf a big favour :)

2. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Nevermind - I got it. It is indeed different to what the datasheet says. The load configuration command (which sets the PC to 2000) takes a data word as opposed to what the spec says (which is that its just filler bits). Successive words are loaded with the load program command. The begin programming / end programming instruction pair is issued at the 4 word boundaries only.

Anyway, as for that favour. I'll leave the post here and if anyone feels like grabbing a bit stream it would be interesting to see if it resembles what I've just described.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
Ask a Question