Connect with us

i need a binary or ring counter schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by leonheard, Mar 17, 2013.

1. leonheard

leonheard

Jan 25, 2013
    hi!

i want to make a ring counter or binary counter ( sequential ) all analog cuz i want to learn to do it myself.... so i dont want ic chips, but i didnt find any simple schematics in internet :(

can u help me and give me some help?

ps.

i know how to make a bistable multivibrator and monostable and astable if it helps :p

2. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Did you mean discrete? (counter circuits of this nature are digital, not alanogue)

The required learning process should go something like this:
    Transistors (as switches) > Gates > Latches > Flip flops > Counters etc.

www.play-hookey.com is a good site.

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You probably mean "all discrete", not "all analogue" since what you're doing is certainly digital.

Read this guy's description and explanation of building a digital clock with all analogue components. There are three parts (but there's a kinda nothing blog post between parts 1 and 2) which I encourage you to read. Part 2 contains what you want, but it's described as such in part 3.

Ask a Question