Connect with us

I have no idea. Please help me.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by BeardyMcCheese, Apr 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. BeardyMcCheese

BeardyMcCheese

Apr 16, 2013
    Need help with project/concept

Hello,

I am currently trying to work out how to make an idea I have work. I have realized that I am pretty uneducated when it comes to electric systems and their component parts. I am now turning to you fine people.

What I want to do is create a single button push system that will actuate a plunger/face. I need the travel to be in the neighborhood of about 1.75 inches. I do not believe it has to be incredibly strong (it will be pushing four squares of cardboard out the front of a holder from the back-bottom)

I would like this system to be A/C as that is what is readily available.

I have the concept but no clue on the design. I have looked at everything from solenoids to power door lock actuators.

The only thing that I would like is for it to be inexpensive and as simple as possible.

Thank you and I can fill in any blanks as needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    The circuit will be simple but 1.75" is a very long stroke for a small solenoid. You may have to employ a leverage mechanism to increase the stroke.

Chris

Ask a Question