Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I have build a jk flip flop circuit from nand gate but it does not simulate, i need help ,

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
What simulator are you using?
A few items that are obvious to me:
  • You should not let the center input of U1 and U4 leave floating. Tie it to ground as you did with the other inputs.
  • Use resistors to limit the curent through the LEDs. This may (or may not) be a nissue with the siulator, but it will be an issue in the real circuit.
  • Simulators assume ideal elements. Therefore the circuit is 100 % symmetrical. This is equivalent to a real world flipflip being in a metastate (being neither definitely high nor low). It may help, just for simulatin purposes, to introduce a deliberate asymmetry, Either the simulator allows to define an initial state (e.g. output of U3 = high, output of U2 = low) or add some pull-up and pull down resistors, e.g. 10 kΩ from the output of U3 to Vcc and another 10 kΩ from the output of U2 to ground. Depending on the simulator this may help.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
When I saw this thread the first thing I did was lookup a CD4027 Cmos "Master-Slave JK flip Flop" and I have never used one. Its schematic is on its datasheet.