Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I have a Realalistics Turntable Lab330......I would like to know how to adjust my on the machine to

Gerri Davis

Mar 14, 2016
how to get the arm to go to the off position when the record is done. Please help. I just bought a needle for the machine. Thanks

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Gerri Davis . . . . . . .

Save your needle change until LAST .

With it being of a circa 68 vintage unit . . . .Does the turntable seem to hold a uniform speed, as confirmed by the strobe at the front ?
If you hold the arm up and support it OFF the record and slowly move it towards the inside end of the record . . . .simulating, playing to the end of the
record . . .does the turntable stall when that arm return mechanics starts engaging and imposing its greater loading ?
If so, try the same test with the speed set to 45 RPM in order to get a bit more mechanical momentum / "ooompth" to it.
If it fails on both tests look at my photo of the unit . . . .having its rubber platter lifted straight up and then being set aside.

If stalling out, the motor shaft at A rotates and drives belt B. that is partial hemispherically contacting it and the belt is then fully looped around the smaller inside
platter and that creates the the drive aspect of the turntable.
With times passage, that belt may have taken on a sagging and stretching and is no longer providing a positive mechano-coupling .
If the unit always holds its speed , you need to rock-rock-rock and lift on the big metal platter at its rim to get it free and set aside just like the rubber part.
Then inspect the mechanics of the toothed black plastic gear at D and grip the gear by its teeth and slowly rotate it CCW to see how / if it moves the arm over to
its rest and finally clicks off the white power switch lever at C.
Analyze the action to see if you have a dried out lube on the spindle of D or what else could be your excessive loading / friction , being presented from that swing arm
mechanisms engagement.
I don't remember any other belts or rubber wheels being associated with that portion . . . .after 48 years cognizance.

The ? is being relevant . . . . . as to whether the arm swing mechanics is being on the Top or the Bottom side of the unit

(There is a possibility that the bottom dust cover plate may need removal, in order to see some of the units bottom mechanics.)

The floor is now open for further questions . . . . .

T/T Partial Top Mechanics Photo:

KAhOWRw.png

73's de Edd

Last edited: