Maker Pro
Maker Pro

i have a altec lansing BX1121 audio powered sys. i need to hook up 9 pinmini din wires

billy miller

Oct 1, 2015
i cut off wires to male connector i dont know how to connect to female. pinouts guides shows different pin than mine 1 pic wires go to 9 pin male. do i hook up to match( pic3) female pins?pinoutsguide.com. shows pin 4 stan mine (pic3)sw.pin5 auxl mine out l pin6 lout mine aux r pin 7 shows vdo ? what is that? mine gnd pin 8 aux r minegnd 9 pin sw_out mine left aux can anybody tell me how to hook up the pin out http://pinoutsguide.com/Home/altec_bx1121_pinout.shtml or AltecLansingBX11121pinout [email protected]

Attachments

• text635792231316370401.png
    text635792231316370401.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 2,415
  • female plug @sub.JPG
    female plug @sub.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,289
  • minidinspec9f.gif
    minidinspec9f.gif
    353 bytes · Views: 604
Last edited:

billy miller

Oct 1, 2015
another file from pinouts

Attachments

• Altec Lansing BX1121 pinout diagram @ pinoutsguide_com.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 548

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Milly Biller . . . . . .

(whoooooops I see that my dyslexia is kicking in again . . . better make that Billy Miller)

Your reference source to the mini DIN connector didn't do the BEST job in the world in the clarification of the identifying of its pins.

So it is now being EIA color coded.

BUT T T T T T T T T T do NOT also carry that thought forward and assume that is also being the COLOR of the wire coming to that connection . . . NOT true !

I find no accounting for that pin 4 . . . stan (dby) being within your wiring loom.

Sooooo . . . . . do a count and confirm that there are only 8 "wars" being present in your cable.

If so, I believe that the present wiring / to / DIN assignments are correct .

One "iffy" reference is the boards silk screening, where the top BLUE wire and the VIOLET wires to the right are now blocked by the "bleeping" TAP TO ADD.
Do you confirm GNDR at the top and OUT R just below it . . . .'though the "O" reeks of a "D" profile on its leading edge.

(Your query of the VDO buzz word . . . .that's being the the audio output of a V(i)D(e)O player.)

Are you in agreement with the findings ?

Le reference C'est . . . . . . . . . .

+ (Click on image to mag on up to full size)

C16RUu2.png

73's de Edd

Last edited:

billy miller

Oct 1, 2015
Sir Milly Biller . . . . . .

(whoooooops I see that my dyslexia is kicking in again . . . better make that Billy Miller)

Your reference source to the mini DIN connector didn't do the BEST job in the world in the clarification of the identifying of its pins.

So it is now being EIA color coded.

BUT T T T T T T T T T do NOT also carry that thought forward and assume that is also being the COLOR of the wire coming to that connection . . . NOT true !

I find no accounting for that pin 4 . . . stan (dby) being within your wiring loom.

Sooooo . . . . . do a count and confirm that there are only 8 "wars" being present in your cable.

If so, I believe that the present wiring / to / DIN assignments are correct .

One "iffy" reference is the boards silk screening, where the top BLUE wire and the VIOLET wires to the right are now blocked by the "bleeping" TAP TO ADD.
Do you confirm GNDR at the top and OUT R just below it . . . .'though the "O" reeks of a "D" profile on its leading edge.

(Your query of the VDO buzz word . . . .that's being the the audio output of a V(i)D(e)O player.)

Are you in agreement with the findings ?

Le reference C'est . . . . . . . . . .

+ (Click on image to mag on up to full size)

C16RUu2.png

73's de Edd

that pic is of board in right speaker that goes to male plug that has 10 wires thanks red ,brown,orange,green,black,purple,yellow,gray,blue,and bare wire (braided)

Attachments

• male plug.JPG
    male plug.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,378

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Billy . . . . .

I'll have to take your word on it as the combination of my dirty glasses and the photos focus precluded all but my POSSIBLY taking just a wire count.

Think about it now . . . .. if we consider the fact that there is not even a terminal and its marking of "Stand (by) BEING back on the PCB, that would have a pin 4 of the DIN plug being left unterminated.

All of your given wire colors are in perfect agreement otherwise, ( excluding semantics of classification of Purple? vs Violet?, with its composition being a mix of red and blue with a divisional dominance of blue makes it purple or the violet classification is reserved for the like manner of red presence.)

Looking back at the photo at the white plugs bottom I first see the BROWN wire then the ORANGE wire and then it looks like its being too dark to make out the two black wires.

No . . .wait. . . . . if I bring my NASA photo enhancement techniques into full play, just short or into solarization threshold, its then being easy to see that a like gauge of black wire then loops back up around and goes to the crimp connector at the third connection up.

Meanwhile, that connection to the forth connection is of much larger wire, like having an end tape wrap or heat shrink on its end.

Its the distinctly larger BLACK one, far left , of the four at the bottom left corner.

I9jzXfM.png

BTW one of the wires has a TRW branding and a 45' off the spool count reference on it.

The possible connections of a BLACK wire and the braided black, would be to the outside ground shell of the DIN connector.

Thassit . . . . . .vats you dun bin thinkings ?

73's de Edd

billy miller

Oct 1, 2015
more pics that might help2 ground wires.JPG right speakervolum,bass,treble,earphonesand aux .the back of female is some kinda mount peace.the pins are to solder wirew to (male) hope this helps thanks

Attachments

• back of female plug.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 480
  • SUNP0003.JPG
    SUNP0003.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 370
  • back of female plug.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 341
  • speaker right.JPG
    speaker right.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 453
  • wires tomale plug from speaker a.JPG
    wires tomale plug from speaker a.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 612
  • pins for wires.JPG
    pins for wires.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 463

billy miller

Oct 1, 2015
73 'S de Edd :thanks for the help. I,m trying to understand , but where do i put the 2 black wires?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Billy . . . . .

I don't have a pic of the BACK view of one of those MALE Mini DIN connectors but if viewing from the front of a DIN connector unit, you are seeing a shiny metal chromed ? ring which totally encircles the unit.

That is a ground connection and at the rear of the connector, that is where your two ground wires connect to, one is being the smaller gauge black and the other is the copper braid.
As you can see, all of the DIN's other color coded wires agree on their route from the white connector on the PCB, with you only now needing to connect the two grounds.

The pin 4 wire of the DIN connector has no stan(DBY) connection being made to the white connector on the PCB, so it is not needed.

Got it ?

73's de Edd