Connect with us

I can't find a replacement potentiometer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Jasonmrenfro, Jun 25, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jasonmrenfro

Jasonmrenfro

Jun 25, 2015
    hi the potentiometer on my wife's breast pump broke and instead of spending 400$ on a new one I can just replace the broken part. But I can't seem to find a match. It's a b10k but I can't find the right pin layout. Can anyone help? It has 5 pins. Three in front and one on each side

Attached Files:

2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
  3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    It looks to me that the pot is connected to the three centre pins. The outer two look to be connected to the case for screening. Just get a 10k pot, but linear or log?

davenn likes this.
  4. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    They are inexpensive enough to buy one of each. You could even remove that one and try a couple resistors.
    (Potentiometer looks like it's setup as a voltage divider at the moment... I would certainly assume linear. Log pots are typical for audio, but when else would they be common? Can you tell lack of experience is asking this Q?)

5. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Gryd3
    "Can you tell lack of experience is asking this Q?"

I have no experience of breast pumps, do you?

Duke37

6. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Well, you're talking about replacing the pot, so I assume you have soldering skills.
    I'd pull the existing pot, and check it for manufacturer information stamped on it.
    If it has data, you can look for an exact replacement.
    You're looking for a replacement that's the same physical size if you can't ID who made the pot.
    Minder's suggestion is good, you just need to get a pot with similar physical measurements so reassembly of the unit isn't a problem.

7. computerlen

computerlen

Jan 22, 2012
    Just a note to say that the two outer pins are for mounting the pot. The 3 inner ones are the 10K pins.

davenn likes this.
  8. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    beast pumps are a beast to repair.

Ask a Question