Connect with us

I bought a load of gear yesterday. What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by AcousticBruce, Apr 10, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. AcousticBruce

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
    I met a guy at a live action that said he has extra scopes and other equipment in his warehouse and he only deals with really expensive medical gear now. So he told me to come have a look.

I brought 400 cash with me headed over. And made the offer of $400 for this package: 2 LeCroy LA303 200Mhz 3Ch scopes, A Tektronix 2211, A HP8601 Generator / Sweeper, A HP5328B Universal Counter. He excepted. Wonderful.

So I am pretty sure I got a good deal. I think the LeCroy scopes are awesome. They are smooth and work great.

So my goal is to sell off the excess and end up with a free scope and maybe some extra cash.

What do you guys think? Here is a picture

[​IMG]

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I think you should head over with some more cash and get some more gear. You can post it to me. (or pass it to my sister-in-law. She lives near you)

3. AcousticBruce

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
    Ha that would be nice huh? Honestly I was taking kinda a gamble. I figured the LeCroys were worth it. The others could have problems.

I have no idea how I can test either of the HP's.

Can I get some cool stuff on the oscilloscope with the HP Generator / Sweeper?
    And were can I find out what this counter is all about?

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  5. AcousticBruce

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
    Thank you. I could not find the counter manual anywhere. The second link you might want to edit it does not work. I took off the "http;//" off the end and it worked.

By the way I called LeCroy and they found an extra manual and they are sending it free of charge. nice.

Ask a Question