Connect with us

Hyper Sensible Touch Lamp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Blaubeere, Mar 15, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Blaubeere

Blaubeere

Mar 15, 2015
    Hello,

Since my old Touchlamp completely broke, i got a new one from my parents as a present. It is such a lamp, where you should be able to go through different dim-levels of the light, when you touch the lamp.
    Dim-Levels: off - low light - medium light - full light

Bad luck for me, it seems that the 3-way-touch-sensor somehow is broken.
    On a normal lamp, per touch on the sensor, it goes a dim-level further. Even if you keep your fingers on the sensor. One Touch is one step.
    On my lamp, the sensor somehow thinks, that i do several touches if i do only one. So every time i touch my lamp, it goes more than one step further. This doesn't let me control the light.

I made a little video for those, who don't know what i maen:
    (i already disassembled the lamp)

It might be interesting that if i touch the wire of the sensor, it mostly works correctly:

Is there are chance to get the sensor working correctly?

best regards

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Keep your fingers well away from the internal circuit unless you want to curl your hair.

I have one that does the same as yours, I just give it a flick so that there is no input after the wanted step has passed.

3. Blaubeere

Blaubeere

Mar 15, 2015
    Too late, but im alive :'P

so you didn't repaired it either? mine is so sensitive, that i'm really not able to go just one step :(

4. DIPswitch

DIPswitch

Mar 12, 2015
    I had a touch-lamp where the first two levels worked fine, but the brightest level flickered similar to yours. My lamp is designed for a standard incandescent lightbulb, but using a compact fluorescent (CFL) bulb results in the flickering behavior. (The CFL bulb was labeled to be used with a dimmer - just not a touch-dimmer.) It's hard for me to tell if you're using a CFL or LED type bulb, so if so, maybe try an older incandescent bulb?

J

Ask a Question