Connect with us

hydrogen powered electrical motor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by meowmeow, Sep 24, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. meowmeow

meowmeow

Sep 24, 2016
    Hi everyone ,

I have some questions from this video..

I'm not talking about the generation of hydrogen which is the first part of the video but I have some doubts at the last part of the video , He has a cylinder filled with hydrogen and it is connected to a hydrogen fuel cell , now my question is :

1.Can we modify the Hydrogen Fuel Cell to power a bigger size electric motors for multirotors ?

2.Can I use the same technique to power up my multirotor ?

I'm not looking answers only for that questions stated above but also some explanations please.

Thank you very much

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    If by 'multirotor' you are referring to a rotary-wing aircraft then it's doubtful. However, a Raptor E1 fixed-wing drone powered by a hydrogen fuel cell has been flown.

3. meowmeow

meowmeow

Sep 24, 2016
    Okay thank you for the response , but whatever it is can I use the same technique it to power maybe a bigger electric motor with that hydrogen fuel cell modified a little bit ?

4. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    I think you'd have to modify it a LOT! The motor shown is pretty feeble.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Hydrogen based fuel cells were all the rage as the future for electric cars about a decade ago. Then they discovered just how difficult it is to store enough hydrogen to give you any range. Lithium Ion batteries are far more practical.

Bob

hevans1944 likes this.
Ask a Question