Maker Pro
Maker Pro

For Sale: Humour and Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbw

May 8, 2011
Hi there, I'm Barney from New Zealand - long time electronics enthusiast (mainly old school transistors and such, but slowly learning about BASIC and PICs). When I'm not testing LEDs and waving aside solder fumes, I also like to design cartoons with an electronics bias (ha ha). Some folks in the past have expressed interest in having them on a T-shirt or mug, so I've done that for anyone who wants to carry their favourite around with them. I do a new design roughly weekly, and I post the design on my blog for folks that want to keep up to date with that (links are below)

I'm not affiliated to a company or anything like that, it's just me wanting to share my admittedly and unashamedly electronic sense of humour with like-minded people. I think my designs and humour are about as relevant to the forum as anything will ever get!

I call my stuff 'Ohmart', because for me 'Ohm is where the 'art is' :)

Enjoy!

T-shirts and mugs etc: http://www.zazzle.com/ohmart
Blog of designs: http://ohmart.wordpress.com

regards
Barney

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
Love your cartoons; I've been reading your AAC thread since you started it.

nbw

May 8, 2011
cheers guys! It's taking a bit of time to make posts everywhere, so I'm now focussing on posting new designs and cartoons to my blog, and then when I want to help out (where I can) with some electronics experience, I can pop by the forums.

Great that folks enjoy reading them as much as I do making them!

Barney

nbw

May 8, 2011
thank you! it's a bit of fun making them and it keeps me off the streets, as they say :)

Neotron

Mar 9, 2012
You might think about getting a website, contacting all the electronics magazines around the world and allowing publishers to download what ever they need for a fee (Paypal). Low-res viewing (for those just interested to amuse themselves) and high-res downloads (after paying a fee for a publisher) could be good.

An agent is even better, they organize it all and you are left to do what you do best, which is to create.

Robert,
Sydney.

nbw

May 8, 2011
Hi there, I have a site (www.ohmart.org) with galleries of cartoons and links to a simple store where people can buy their favourites on shirts, mugs, mousepads, electric toothpick dispensers (kidding)... I sell a couple of things a month. Not enough to keep me in drawing pens LOL. It would be nice to be exposed a lot more (in a good way!) to the electronics community as often we're not thought of as having a sense of humour...

Occasionally Electronicsweekly.com put a cartoon up on one of their blogs (for free). That's good.

In the meantime, it's all word of mouth!

All the best
Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.