Connect with us

Humidity sensor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by dariush, Jul 8, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dariush

dariush

Jun 26, 2013
    whats the difference of Capacitive and resistive humidity sensor?
    which one is your choice if you want to make a humidity sensing board? and why?
    tell me which one is better for me through rational reason. in a paper i read an ideal sensor should have these factor:
    linear response
    from 0% to 100% RH, short response time, high
    selectivity (i.e., low or no cross-sensitivity), and
    high long-term stability
    what does these mean and when are they important?. tell me which one is more suitable resistive or capacitive ?

2. Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu

Sep 17, 2016
    Capacitive relative humidity sensor are consist of a substrate on which a thin film of polymer or metal oxide is deposited between two conductive electrodes. The sensing surface is coated with a porous metal electrode to protect it from contamination and exposure to condensation. The substrate is typically glass, ceramic, or silicon. The incremental change in the dielectric constant of a capacitive humidity sensor is nearly directly proportional to the relative humidity of the surrounding environment. The change in capacitance is typically 0.2–0.5 pF for a 1% RH change, while the bulk capacitance is between 100 and 500 pF at 50% RH at 25°C. Capacitive sensors are characterized by low temperature coefficient, ability to function at high temperatures (up to 200°C), full recovery from condensation, and reasonable resistance to chemical vapours.

Resistive humidity sensor measure the change in electrical impedance of a hygroscopic medium such as a conductive polymer, salt, or treated substrate. The impedance change is typically an inverse exponential relationship to humidity

Ask a Question