Connect with us

Human Power Generation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Chris W, Feb 15, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Chris W

Chris W

Feb 15, 2013
    While I have put a lot of thought into the design of this project I keep changing my direction:confused:. I want more input before building the project. My desire is to use a stationary bike as the power source to turn a generator head (?)/ alternator/ (what) to create the electricity that will be used and/or stored in I'll assume deep cycle or other batteries. I will need an isolator, I am sure, as well as what? An invertor. The generator would need to be variable speed to account for the fact that I will not pedal at a constant rate. I wanted to build a solar system and still might. Combining the two might not be feasible or is it? Any thoughts would be helpful as I would like to put my exercise to better use. :)

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    The generator would need to be variable speed to account for the fact that I will not pedal at a constant rate. [/QUOTE]

You don't need a generator/alternator with variable speed capability. A small automotive alternator with OEM integral or external voltage regulator wired to a storage battery should suffice. That and thighs like a Tyrannosaurus Rex and you're good to go!

Chris

Ask a Question