Connect with us

HP8554 mixer.

Discussion in 'Electronic Equipment' started by F4UIU, Dec 15, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. F4UIU

    F4UIU Guest

    Hello. I hope you'll be able to understand my english.

    I'd like to know what kind of diode to use to replace the two diode included
    in the first mixer from an HP8554.

    I have found this spectrum analyser plug-in and i have no local oscillator
    trace on the zero frequency of the 141T display.
    The first LO (YIG) is ok.

    So, i think that the first mixer can be burned and two diode are included in
    it. If i could find an equivalence reference.

    If you know more things about 8554 than me..............................
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Dan Rae

    Dan Rae Guest

    Bonjour Guillaume,
    I have replaced the two diodes in mine with a single double hp microwave
    mixer diode, if you follow me, the HSMS 2822. Because this is much
    smaller than the original, and the diodes with the leads forms part of
    the coupling circuit you will have to make wire leads that imitate the
    shape and position of the originals. This is easier to do than to
    describe! The wire leads to the SM component should be in the same
    position as the original diodes and leads. Total cost abput 50
    cents(US) and time about 10 minutes. Performance as good or better than
    the original.

    Just don't hit the mixer with more than about +10 dBm....

    Dan ac6ao g3ncr
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day