Connect with us

hp lap not displaying

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Quantum, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Quantum

Quantum

Apr 12, 2013
    my hp is powering on but its not displaying

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That's nice

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi
    welcome to the forums :)

is the HDD flickering, showing that windows or whatever is loading ?
    have you tried plugging it into an external monitor and switching video to that monitor ?

Dave

4. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Hi

Are you sure its not displaying anything at all? Tip up your screen and look at it from an angle while it turns on, see if you can see a very dark picture or even just outlines. This could indicate a broken back-light bulb, or worse it could mean your ccfl inverter is broken and not supplying power to your back-lights.

Ash

5. Quantum

Quantum

Apr 12, 2013
    i try it with monitor it didn't display

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Quantum, you obviously don't need any help with this since you don't bother answering questions. Or rather, you answer just one.

You might be surprised to know that we can't actually see your device and that we ask these questions because we want the answers (I know -- it's hard to get your head around that).

Perhaps my first response was the correct one. Maybe this is an achievement for you, not a problem.

7. nivek

nivek

Jul 8, 2013
    if the machine appears all fired up but no screen try the FN key and f5 this should switch the monitor back to the laptop I think there is a three press cycle laptop, external, and both

Ask a Question