Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How would I create this?

Rhypht

Oct 21, 2013
Hi all, fairly new to circuit-building, but this is a little project that I've recently been tasked with. I was recommended to come here for input on how to get it done. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

There is a button, two LEDs and some power supply. When the button is pushed, the first LED will light up for a split second, then de-energize. Immediately after, the second LED will do the exact same. This can be repeated over and over.

The catch is that I am working in VERY small spaces here, and I do not have very much room at all to work with.

I could get away with having both LEDs light at the exact same time if it is necessary to keep the circuitry simple or concealable, but ideally I'd like a fraction of a second delay between the two. Having them only stay on for a moment is also essential. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? The split-second lighting was what was hanging me up. I'm not sure how to accomplish that, and the small space I'm working with requires everything to be pretty straightforward.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Look up (Google) 555 monostable multivibrators (monoflop). Use one to light LED #1. Use the output of the first to trigger the second monoflop and light LED #2.

Use a 556, that's 2*555 circuits in one IC.

Fast track to 55 circuits: here.