Connect with us

How to wire up this ssr i have

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by davit, Aug 16, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    hi
    could someone help me please on how to wire up the ssr relay to one off the 10 channell output of a light sequencer which -g DSCN2189.JPG ives off 400m amp at 12v for each channel l i have posted image of both many thanks

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Do you have a link to specs for the SSR?

If I had to guess, you need power + and - the DC+ and DC- inputs, and CH1 would be the output from the sequencer. No idea what voltage it want though, you need to know that.

Bob

davit likes this.
  3. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    hi
    thanks for the response
    • 100% brand new and high quality
    • Using FR-4 double-sided circuit boards;
    • Using high-quality solid-state relays 5A;
    • The input and output are using KF128-3.81 Terminal Block, wiring more convenient;
    • Use SS8050 1.5A high current transistor for switching transistor, quality is more stable;
    • The board has four screw holes.
    • Size:(L*W*H)6.89*7.10*2.28cm/2.71"*2.80"0.90"
    • Quantity:1 P this is the chinese describtion

many thanks
    • 45464.jpg

4. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    rear view 45464-7.jpg+.jpg

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    DC+ and DC- will be the supply voltage for the SSR board and connect to the same supply as is powering the light sequencer (it has to be a voltage anywhere between 3V and 32V, your sequencer uses 12V perhaps? That would be ok).

The CH input of the SSR would connect to the CHx(+) output of the relevant sequencer channel. You don't need to connect the CHx(-) terminal provided the board supply voltage -ve rail is physically connected to all the CHx(-) terminals - use a test meter (on continuity) to test that this is so.

Your AC load will connect in series with the B1/A1 terminals i.e. AC Live (hot) on A1, one side of the load on B1, the other side of the load goes to AC Neutral (Cold).

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Look at the picture, it is a DC SSR. Do not connect AC to it.

Bob

kellys_eye likes this.
  7. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Oops.... didn't spot that. Wonder if the OP realises this too?

8. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    thanks for the replys i wanted to run some 12v led strip lights on the output side, so does that mean a1 is positive and b1 is negative for connecting the lights to----thanks

9. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    No - you will connect your 12V supply positive to A1 and B1 will go to the LED + terminal. The LED - terminal goes to your supply negative.

davit likes this.
  10. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    THANKS to kellys eye and bobk it works ok,
    great forum, wish i had enough knowledge to help out
    cheers guys

11. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    You may well find yourself in possession of some gem of wisdom that you can offer sometime in the future. We all started off at the bottom!

12. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    opps more problems, i bought these ssr relays in banks of 4 ( to save money ) wired them up the same as the single ones (which work fine ) but these do not, the only diferance i can see is that were the single ones say ch on the terminal block these say---- in1 / in2 / in3 /in 4
    DSCN2209.JPG DSCN2209.JPG DSCN2198.JPG

Attached Files:

13. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    It's just a different way to make the designation - it could say 'anything' but as long as the data sheet gives you details of the signal it expects to see you will be able to interface to it.

14. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    thanks 4 the response kelly DSCN2213.JPG
    My prob is i have no data sheet, with it connected as the single ones ( above ) i have noticed there is a positive feed on the in1 / in2 / in3 /in4 terminals thats is with the trigger wire disconected , hope this makes sense cause it dont to me

15. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    The in1-in4 inputs are connected to the positive of the signal driving them. And the assumption is that DC- is the negative for all of them.

Bob

16. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    thanks 4 the replys bob & kelly
    they still dont work tried all combinations for these 4 relay units so i have now ordered the single relay ones
    as i now they work, my project is a home made jukebox hopefully by christmas, will post pics when finished,
    also will post next week about what type diode i need to use on a circuit if thats ok,
    many thanks

davit

17. davit

davit

Aug 16, 2017
    just a follow up on this thread i posted my jukebox is finished for now ish ( might add a smoke machine later )
    pic attached thanks guys
    DSCN2407.JPG

Ask a Question