Connect with us

How to wire up an Atmega32u4

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by j4cobgarby, Oct 12, 2018.

1. j4cobgarby

j4cobgarby

Sep 18, 2018
    I'm designing a keyboard PCB, and I need to use a microcontroller to send data over a micro-USB port. I've picked the Atmega32u4. Now, I'm not entirely sure how to wire it up. I've attached what I've got so far.

So, I want to wire it up in such a way that I can program the firmware over USB. I assume I've hooked VBUS, D+, and D- to the correct pins, although I don't actually understand what these pins are.

Even though I've read the documentation, I'm not sure what the other pins on the microcontroller do. I'm under the impression that XTAL1/2 are for the clock, and it's pretty obvious what RESET does, but certainly I don't understand the others.

What I'm looking for is some example of a atmega32u4 wired up to a micro USB connecter, which I can study and then figure out how to wire up mine.

Attached Files:

2. Muya

Muya

Oct 12, 2018
    i have bose ps 28 the fuse blowing

3. j4cobgarby

j4cobgarby

Sep 18, 2018
    what?

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Look at the circuit for an Arduino board that does that.

Bob

Ask a Question