Connect with us

How to use a fs1000a transceiver set

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by stephan2307, Dec 4, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. stephan2307

stephan2307

Nov 17, 2014
    So I bought a cheap fs1000a wireless transmitter / receiver set. Problem is that I am totally new to this and have no idea how to use it.

Basically all I want is connect a switch to the transmitter and if the switch is pressed I want to send a signal to the receiver. Nothing fancy.

Is there anyone that can give me some hints how I do this?

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I found this website which describes how to interface to a pair of Arduino microcomputers. Not sure why these FS1000a wireless transmitter/receiver pairs appear to be so complicated.

3. stephan2307

stephan2307

Nov 17, 2014
    Thanks for the find. This really does make it look fairly complicated. Isn't it possible to use them without any microcomputers/controllers?

4. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I would have thought so, but these devices were probably part of an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) system designed for who-knows-what specification. I think if I had a pair, I would try to use the DATA input on the transmitter to see if a response resulted from the receiver. Guessing here that it isn't that simple.

If you just Google images for the FS1000a there are hundreds to look at. Some of these lead to pages describing the frustration of other users trying to make them do something useful. Please let us know if you discover anything useful.

5. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    This is how these devices work because they are on the ISM band. You need to be able to distinguish between other device which is why you send a unique packet of data. You can't just send an RF carrier wave and expect it to work because of other devices using the same frequency, your receiver couldn't tell the difference if the carrier from another device got through.
    Adam

Ask a Question