Connect with us

How to test Logic board for Canon pixma Mp560 printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Hanger18, Aug 26, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hanger18

Hanger18

Aug 26, 2021
    Hi All,
    I am a complete newbie to this site - and to trying to test /repair PCB'S.
    I have just stripped down my Canon pixma mp560 to replace the Ink Absorber pads - which on this model are really helpfully in the bottom case!

Anyway, I followed the official Canon Technician's Manual and Parts catalog, and did everything as per their instructions.
    I did take precautions with the Logic board assembly as far as being grounded, and using an anti-static mat to put the board on, and then a AS bag to keep it in while I did the pads etc until reassemble time.
    Unfortunately the printer does not power on - I get a flashing green led which then turns solid Amber. According to the manual the most likely cause is the logic board - Canon Part # QM3-5526-000.

I would just like to know if there is a simple way to test for any faulty components on the board - or more likely Is it fried?!
    I have rechecked all the ribbon cables and other connectors to the board.

Any helpful advice will be appreciated - I am aware that a faulty print head can also be the culprit, but the same symptoms present with the print head removed.

Thanks
    Jon

Ask a Question