Connect with us

How to power

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by QuestionBoy, Sep 19, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. QuestionBoy


    Sep 19, 2012
    Hello all.

    This is my first post so I hope I am posting in the right forum.

    Also note, I am a complete novice when it comes to electrical/electronics.

    I have an Amplifier controller, typically for a marine application, which I need to power trhough standard 110-120V 60Hz. The uint has 3 wires, as follows:

    Red +12V (line is fused 250mA)
    Black -
    White +24

    They indicate "Power Supply 12-24 V d.c."

    How can I power this? What hook up do I need to do, what power transformer will suffice?

    Someone suggested I connect the Red and Black using a 12Vdc 300mA transformer, but wanted confirmation from someone here, or other advice.

    I don't get the Power supply. Does that mean it can accept 2 different power supply 12V or 24V, or does it mean something else altogether?

    Any advice is greatly appreciate.

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    I would say that a 12V 300mA DC plugpack would be fine.

    Just be sure to connect it the right way (+ to +, - to -)
  3. QuestionBoy


    Sep 19, 2012
    Thank you for confirming the idea was sound.

    Have a great day.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day