Connect with us

How to open Sony monitor?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by JM, Jun 12, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JM

    JM Guest

    Ok, so maybe this should be my first hint that I should leave it to someone
    more experienced, but I can't figure out how to get the back off of my Sony
    CPD-G520P monitor! There are two screws that attach it to the front panel,
    which I removed, and I tried prying on the tab on either side of the front
    of the case, but it won't budge. It feels like it's attached somewhere
    toward the back of the monitor. There's a separate piece of plastic
    covering the back that looks like it slides off toward the bottom of the
    monitor, but I can't get it to move -- and I suspect there might be a couple
    of screws hidden behind it.

    Anyone been into one of these before?

    And yes, I'm aware I shouldn't touch anything inside, I'm just hoping to be
    able to tweak the focus a little bit.
  2. Rono

    Rono Guest

    Very gentle push a tiny flat screwdriver into the tiny hole
    in the top where the two slots are! The back will just "pop"
    off! Look here to see how to fix the "too bright washed out
    picture, with retrace lines"! Be carefull!!! High voltage inside!
  3. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

  4. JM

    JM Guest

    Thanks Wayne, although my exact model isn't there, that one looks close
    enough that I should be able to at least get it apart next time I have some
  5. JM

    JM Guest

    Thanks but mine doesn't have tabs on top; they're on the sides.

    And I don't think my problem is the washed out with retrace lines issue,
    because I have no retrace lines and I wouldn't call my picture washed out.
    The problem is more of a varying focus/convergence issue. I recently
    noticed that the areas of the screen that are out of focus have a slight
    shaking to them, which makes me wonder if I have some bad caps or something
    along those lines.

    When I shut down my computer and the Windows screen gets covered in the sort
    of cross-hatched darkened effect, I get a nasty flickering moire effect
    which might be part of the same problem. I've seen that screen cause moire
    effects before but never moving ones.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day