Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to Mount arduino Uno?

jeff77789

Feb 23, 2013
I want to have a permanent "casing" or mounting point for the Arduino uno but unlike the arduino Nano, i can't just solder on the pins to a PCB...

i see a couple screw holes on the edges but what can it be screwed into?

i suppose the wires can be plugged into the top of the uno like normal with the other components but my main issue is to find a way to mount the arduino itself

thanks

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
i see a couple screw holes on the edges but what can it be screwed into?

Something non-conductive...

I have used polyethylene cutting boards, MDF (medium density fiberboard), vinyl boards (look in the exterior trim areas of lumber yards) and my favorite is the new composite decking that is a mix of polyethylene and wood dust, because I can get it cheap...

Around me the local Big Box lumber yards (especially Menards) have a bin of 'junk' wood or scraps... I check this bin regularly when I'm there and I can get a decent drop of the composite decking for a buck or two... Works like wood but it primarily plastic...

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Most electronics shops (Radio Shack as well) will have "project boxes" you can mount things in, or as CC said just a piece of wood or composite works fine for bench use.
Now as far as what to mount it with you can use either metal or plastic (preffered) standoffs and screws small enough to fit in the holes, I have actually just used wood screws before to mount one before. Look for the hardware to mount a motherboard in a computer, those should work nicely.