Connect with us

How to match these pins?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Iustin, Nov 6, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Iustin

Iustin

Nov 5, 2012
    Hi everyone,
    No sure if i'm posting this in the right category but i have this issue: i'm trying to solder/splice the wires from a 6-pin transformer into a 5-pin connector from an external DVD-ROM and i don't know how to match them and which wire to left out. Could someone point me how to match the pins (if is it even possible)? I added a picture of the two connectors in case it helps. Thanks in advance for your replays.

Attached Files:

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    You need the pin out of both devices, either from diagrams or testing... Anything short of that would be a flip of the coin guess...

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't know your expertise-level. I've heard a lot of people here Google the issue they
    have for information.
    Start with the make and model of your DVD-ROM, and work your way through questions
    pertaining to your issue. Usually, you're not the first person to experience the issue
    you have, and in this day and age, a lot of people like posting fixes they've discovered.
    Converting a 6-pin transformer connection to a five-pin plug for your particular DVD-ROM
    sure seems like something someone has had to do before, and you'll probably find some
    documentation about how to do it using Google.
    Good luck.

Ask a Question