Connect with us

how to learn to solder????

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by cpt321, Jan 26, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. cpt321

cpt321

Jan 26, 2012
    Hello everyone, I want to learn to solder and would like to learn at home. I've seen some kits available online but most look like their made for children. I want something professional, something that is worth the money. I've have no exerience with this but am a very fast learner. If anyone knows about how I can begin my learning please help. By the way, I plan on repairing mobile phones.

2. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    plenty of youtube videos.

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Eeek!

You need to learn surface mount soldering techniques.

If you need to ask this question then I wonder if you have the skills needed to repair mobile phones.

I am afraid to ask, but what component level repair experience do you have?

4. NJ2X

NJ2X

Jan 29, 2012
    Start simple then move progresively to complex

cpt321,

As with any other skill, mastery comes from starting simple and then building progressively. Soldering is a skill, so build a couple of simple kits with through the hole components. The next step would be a more complex kit again with through the hole components. Avoid jumping directly to soldering surface mount components.

If you are looking for suitable kits and additional help with soldering, I have several related articles posted on my website (nj2x.com) that you might find useful.

- "Soldering 101"
    - "3D Xmas Tree Kit - Velleman"
    - "Brain Game Kit - Velleman"

Michael
    NJ2X

5. shiekh

shiekh

Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
Ask a Question