Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to deal with someone

vead

Nov 27, 2011
Hello,
I need advice . how to show my behavior, that I am not rude , I really don't want to hurt someone. I don't understand things easily. I always take much time to learn. I except, that's my fault but its not my permanent fault. I will defiantly improve my skill. my English is not very Good. sometime I can't express my feelings . people think that my behavior is not good, I am rude , I don't follow their advice. I except that I have done many mistakes. why because I want to learn something. I am guilty because I want to learn, I take much time to learn. I have fear in my mind. I don't know what I do wrong. I am feeling hopeless

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,
I need advice . how to show my behavior, that I am not rude , I really don't want to hurt someone. I don't understand things easily. I always take much time to learn. I except, that's my fault but its not my permanent fault. I will defiantly improve my skill. my English is not very Good. sometime I can't express my feelings . people think that my behavior is not good, I am rude , I don't follow their advice. I except that I have done many mistakes. why because I want to learn something. I am guilty because I want to learn, I take much time to learn. I have fear in my mind. I don't know what I do wrong. I am feeling hopeless
Vead. I think the first step for you, regardless of your current English skills is to attempt to address the questions that are posted for you.
I have seen on numerous times that you ask a question about a very complex thing. The only way we can answer the question is to make sure you understand the basics first. Without the basics, you will not understand how everything works together.
We ask questions to see if you understand basics and you seem to ignore many of them. It makes us think you don't care, or are rude.

I highly suggest that you begin asking easier questions, and begin to work up to the more complex questions. Everyone on here will be more willing to help, if you can show an effort to teach yourself.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hello,
I need advice . how to show my behavior, that I am not rude , I really don't want to hurt someone.
Hi vead.

I never thought that you were rude. You can be difficult to deal with, but not rude or hurtful.
I don't understand things easily. I always take much time to learn.
We understand this. That is not your fault. And I'm sure you can learn. You just need to take it step by step.

No one ever became a successful electronic designer or programmer just from reading books. Just like no one ever learned to ride a bike, or to swim, by reading books. You need to "get your feet wet", as we say. Once you get involved, things will start to "click" in your mind, and your understanding will build, gradually.

This is how everyone learns. Not even the most brilliant person in the world can learn and understand a new and unfamiliar subject without trying things out, and trying things means starting simple, and being prepared to make mistakes.

I hate to make mistakes, but no matter how hard I try to work everything out in advance and get it just perfect, mistakes occur, and that's good. We need to embrace mistakes more. They are not a sign of imperfection; they are how we actually learn the most important lessons.

We have all told you that you need to start off small, and get a real understanding of the concepts you want to work with. Being able to recite information, but without understanding what it means, is useless.

The best way to learn is to accept advice and information from people who know more than you, then try things out. Then learn some more, and try that out. And so on. In the modern world, there is no shortage of experts whose work you can study. Every man and his dog has written a tutorial about something on the internet somewhere, and it's usually possible to tell the good stuff from the not-so-good.

In your case, you want to learn about microprocessors. Great! There's a huge amount of detailed information out there for you to study. You've taken an interest in the 8051. That's a good choice because it's a pretty clean design, done by talented professionals, and when you understand the 8051, you will also understand most aspects of other small microcontrollers.

Best of all, there are lots of good tutorials and projects out there, and free development software and relatively cheap programming hardware are both available.
I except, that's my fault but its not my permanent fault. I will defiantly improve my skill. my English is not very Good. sometime I can't express my feelings . people think that my behavior is not good, I am rude , I don't follow their advice.
I don't think you're rude. Not at all. And your English is not the problem. But you're right, you haven't followed the advice we have tried to give you. That's not so bad if you tell us that you can't follow the advice, and explain why. When you seem to ignore the advice, that makes people angry.

If you can't follow the advice, tell us why. We may be able to suggest something different you could do. At least we will know that you want to do what we have suggested.
I except that I have done many mistakes. why because I want to learn something. I am guilty because I want to learn, I take much time to learn. I have fear in my mind. I don't know what I do wrong. I am feeling hopeless
You shouldn't feel hopeless. You can learn about microcontrollers. You're just going about it the wrong way.

Start by using a microcontroller. This involves taking your hands off the computer keyboard, and moving them to a table, where you use them to build something!

There are many preassembled 8051 prototyping and experimentation boards you can get - for example, http://entesla.com/easy-8051-development-board for Rs. 850.0. But you can also make your own pretty easily using a piece of stripboard. You will need:
The device programmer is the expensive part. MikroElektronika have a suitable one at http://www.mikroe.com/mikroprog/8051/ but the price is USD 70. I guess that would be a problem for you.

Do you have an old PC that has a built-in parallel port and/or a built-in serial port, and runs an old version of Windows? If so, Atmel have two free device programming software packages that you might be able to use.

The AT89ISP package (http://www.atmel.com/tools/at89isp.aspx) runs under Windows 95/98 and Windows 2000, and will probably run on Windows XP as well. It programs the device via the parallel port, so you just need to make up a cable for it. I'm not sure whether it supports the newer members of the AT89 8051-compatible device family though.

The AT89LP ISP package (http://www.atmel.com/tools/at89lpispstudio.aspx) uses the serial port and requires some kind of external board to be made up.

There are no doubt other device programmers around that can program various 8051 variants, and you should have a look for them. Some of them may work through a parallel or serial port, and the software may be free; some of them may work through the USB port and you would have to buy the device (like the MikroElektronika product).

If you can build, or borrow, a real development board or prototyping board, with an 8051 device on it, then you can begin with the actual hands-on learning. As long as you stop asking questions about how to design a CPU, we will be very happy to help you with your learning.

vead

Nov 27, 2011
Hi vead.

I never thought that you were rude. You can be difficult to deal with, but not rude or hurtful.
Hello Mr. KrishBlueNZ,
I thought, you were thinking wrong about me. you made Post on feedback section , you said about my behavior, my attitude
you told me in my thread , that you are putting me in Ignore List. that time I was really frustrated. I did not know what I do, i thought , with my old name Know one help me . after that I made new account, and when you ask me about confirmation. are you vead, honestly I said yes I am vead. I made this post specially for you. I wanted to tell that I am not bad person. I always respect other members

Start by using a microcontroller. This involves taking your hands off the computer keyboard, and moving them to a table, where you use them to build something!

There are many preassembled 8051 prototyping and experimentation boards you can get - for example, http://entesla.com/easy-8051-development-board for Rs. 850.0. But you can also make your own pretty easily using a piece of stripboard. You will need:
The device programmer is the expensive part. MikroElektronika have a suitable one at http://www.mikroe.com/mikroprog/8051/ but the price is USD 70. I guess that would be a problem for you.

Do you have an old PC that has a built-in parallel port and/or a built-in serial port, and runs an old version of Windows? If so, Atmel have two free device programming software packages that you might be able to use.

The AT89ISP package (http://www.atmel.com/tools/at89isp.aspx) runs under Windows 95/98 and Windows 2000, and will probably run on Windows XP as well. It programs the device via the parallel port, so you just need to make up a cable for it. I'm not sure whether it supports the newer members of the AT89 8051-compatible device family though.

The AT89LP ISP package (http://www.atmel.com/tools/at89lpispstudio.aspx) uses the serial port and requires some kind of external board to be made up.

There are no doubt other device programmers around that can program various 8051 variants, and you should have a look for them. Some of them may work through a parallel or serial port, and the software may be free; some of them may work through the USB port and you would have to buy the device (like the MikroElektronika product).

If you can build, or borrow, a real development board or prototyping board, with an 8051 device on it, then you can begin with the actual hands-on learning. As long as you stop asking questions about how to design a CPU, we will be very happy to help you with your learning.
I already have bread board , pcb , microcontroller , some electronics component , programmer circuit , transistor , capacitor , resistor , diode ,solder iron. for proof I am attaching image

upload_2015-1-12_10-39-1.jpeg

you haven't followed the advice we have tried to give you. That's not so bad if you tell us that you can't follow the advice, and explain why. When you seem to ignore the advice, that makes people angry.

If you can't follow the advice, tell us why. We may be able to suggest something different you could do. At least we will know that you want to do what we have suggested.
I did not follow your advice because first I wanted to learn about hardware than I want to go for programming. my mistake wast that I asked directly about 8051. but later I read many PDF files , links then I design some circuit
No one ever became a successful electronic designer or programmer just from reading books. Just like no one ever learned to ride a bike, or to swim, by reading books. You need to "get your feet wet", as we say. Once you get involved, things will start to "click" in your mind, and your understanding will build, gradually

This is how everyone learns. Not even the most brilliant person in the world can learn and understand a new and unfamiliar subject without trying things out, and trying things means starting simple, and being prepared to make mistakes.
I know In my design there may be lot of mistakes. I know some error I just want to show you that I can make ALU , I can make data transfer circuit , I can make program counter , I can made connection with accumulator , register ,immediate register , memory
here I am attaching roughly design (just ignore some error )
ALU design
upload_2015-1-12_11-0-25.png
program counter , ROM memory register and other component

upload_2015-1-12_10-58-8.png

The best way to learn is to accept advice and information from people who know more than you, then try things out. Then learn some more, and try that out. And so on. In the modern world, there is no shortage of experts whose work you can study. Every man and his dog has written a tutorial about something on the internet somewhere, and it's usually possible to tell the good stuff from the not-so-good

In your case, you want to learn about microprocessors. Great! There's a huge amount of detailed information out there for you to study. You've taken an interest in the 8051. That's a good choice because it's a pretty clean design, done by talented professionals, and when you understand the 8051, you will also understand most aspects of other small microcontrollers

I dont want to design 8051 MCU . I just want learn basic how does MCU design. so I have started to learn about ALU, register , accumulator memory and I made some design . I know I can't design 8051. so thats why first I want to assemble main component that needs in MCU design

My last question
still do you think that I have to modify my design or I have to write some assembly code.and I have to do some projects ?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hello Mr. KrishBlueNZ,
I thought, you were thinking wrong about me. you made Post on feedback section , you said about my behavior, my attitude. you told me in my thread , that you are putting me in Ignore List. that time I was really frustrated. I did not know what I do, i thought , with my old name Know one help me . after that I made new account, and when you ask me about confirmation. are you vead, honestly I said yes I am vead. I made this post specially for you. I wanted to tell that I am not bad person. I always respect other members
I know you are not a bad person.

You copied some text from a web site and posted it as your own work. You pretended that you were explaining something different from what I had asked you to explain, so you could use someone else's explanation, to trick me into thinking that you understood things that I didn't think you understood. To me, that is outright lying, and is a very bad thing to do. It is unconscionable.

But I never thought you were a "bad person". I know you have problems, and you genuinely want help. There are many people here, including me, who would like to help you. But we need you to do what we tell you. When you ignore our advice and keep trying to do things that are beyond your understanding, we start to think that you may be "trolling" us - deliberately being difficult and trying to waste our time.
I already have bread board , pcb , microcontroller , some electronics component , programmer circuit , transistor , capacitor , resistor , diode ,solder iron. for proof I am attaching image
That's good!

What development software do you have?

What programming languages does it support?

What is the part number of the NXP device you have on your breadboard?
I did not follow your advice because first I wanted to learn about hardware than I want to go for programming. my mistake wast that I asked directly about 8051. but later I read many PDF files , links then I design some circuit
No, that is not your mistake. Your mistake is in trying to design parts of a microcontroller - the ALU for example. You should start from the other end - become familiar with what the microcontroller can do, starting with simple programs and moving on to more complicated ones. Once you understand how to use a microcontroller, then you can start to learn about how it works internally.

The ALU is just one small part of a microcontroller. It is necessary, of course, but so are most of the other parts! Knowing the internal design of the ALU is not important to most microcontroller programmers, because its behaviour is clearly documented in the instruction descriptions.

I don't understand why you think it's so important to be able to design parts of a microcontroller. But even if this is very important to you, you need to start by learning how to use the microcontroller.
I dont want to design 8051 MCU . I just want learn basic how does MCU design. so I have started to learn about ALU, register , accumulator memory and I made some design . I know I can't design 8051. so thats why first I want to assemble main component that needs in MCU design
You are trying to approach this from the wrong direction.

Imagine Mr. Enzo Ferrari and his sports cars, with their attention to detail and their high peformance, or Sir Alec Issigonis and the elegant simplicity and driveability of the original Mini. Do you think they were sweating over the sizes of the camshafts and screws in the engine before they had even driven a car? No; they both started out as racing car drivers!

I don't want to see any schematics for ALUs or other internal parts of microcontrollers. The only schematics you should be drawing are schematics that show a complete microcontroller, as a simple box, connected to external components.
My last question: still do you think that I have to modify my design or I have to write some assembly code.and I have to do some projects ?
Forget your design. Yes, build up some projects using your NXP microcontroller. Write some code. Experiment with it.

We can suggest things for you to try. Tell us about your development software and the NXP device you have there.

vead

Nov 27, 2011
Ok. I fallow your advice. I have done LED Blink project on software. I started to Implement on breadboard. I made all connection .I checked all connection. I measured value with multimeter. I have 12 v dc battery . I measured 4.12 volt DC supply voltage for microcontroller . and 4.10 v dc for programmer circuit. then I tried to burn code. But I am getting error '' reset device in ISP mode.

I will post original image and details on microcontroller and programming section

Last edited by a moderator: