Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to control voltage and frequency from a flyback transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo13

Mar 2, 2015
I have a HV power source from a TV. Is it possible and how to transform this current into pulsed dc current of certain frequency (160kHz)?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I have a HV power source from a TV. Is it possible and how to transform this current into pulsed dc current of certain frequency (160kHz)?
What in the world could you need that for?
Perhaps you should avoid this... HV experiments should require that you have a good foundation of electronics knowledge and experience.
Perhaps this is missing. ( I base this on the lack of provided details in both solving your problem, and asking your question. Mainly due to the lack of details in anything you have tried so far... and the vague nature of the question seems to ask for help doing the 'whole thing' with some generic flyback. )

Should this thread be locked?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Gryd3 has a point.

When you say "high voltage", what exactly do you mean?

What is your experience working with high voltages? With electronics in general?

What sort of transformer is it?

neo13

Mar 2, 2015
is it hard to just answer the question, what kind o potentiometer or rheostat is needed to control the output voltage, what kind of diods and transistors to transform the current into pulsed dc current and what kind of high frequency current controller is to control the output frequency?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
is it hard to just answer the question, what kind o potentiometer or rheostat is needed to control the output voltage, what kind of diods and transistors to transform the current into pulsed dc current and what kind of high frequency current controller is to control the output frequency?
This answered my question.
You should not be attempting to work with High Voltage until you get more experience with low powered devices.
@(*steve*) can you please lock this thread?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
neo13,

you have demonstrated that you obviously don't have the knowledge and experience in dealing with EHT voltages
we are not going to be responsible for giving you info that may cause you to electrocute yourself or others

for your safety and others this thread is locked

regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.