Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to connect rearcamera?

brev

Jul 9, 2012
How to connect?

How to deal with black , red and yellow(rca) wire from rearview camera for safety?

Last edited:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Black wire from the camera goes to ground, red wire from the camera goes to the power for the reverse light (tail light that comes on when the car is in reverse) and the yellow is the video out from the camera, so use on of the video in jacks (yellow) im assuming you should use the CCD video in but I would have to see the manual

brev

Jul 9, 2012
Do you mean that the black wire is to be connected to the GND wire on the cd player?

Are you sure that this black wire can not be connected to the CAM wire on the cd player?

Because the GND wire on the cd plyaer is already occupied by another wire from the car.

So the question is:

Is the black wire to be connected to the CAM wire on cd player?

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Do you mean that the black wire is to be connected to the GND wire on the cd player?

System ground, it should all be common that would include the CD player...

Are you sure that this black wire can not be connected to the CAM wire on the cd player?

It's clearly labeled as ground, so connect it to ground why would you think it connects to anything else?

Because the GND wire on the cd plyaer is already occupied by another wire from the car.

That wire would be providing ground for the cd player, now you need to provide ground for the camera... You could piggy tail it to that same connection or make another...

Is the black wire to be connected to the CAM wire on cd player?

No it connects to ground, it's clearly labeled as such...

If anything connects to 'CAM' it will be the red wire to turn the camera on/off from the CD player if you don't use the reverse light to turn it on/off as GreenGiant suggested... At least that would be my guess without knowing more about this 'CAM' wire...

Last edited:

brev

Jul 9, 2012
If anything connects to 'CAM' it will be the red wire to turn the camera on/off from the CD player if you don't use the brake light to turn it on/off as GreenGiant suggested... At least that would be my guess without knowing more about this 'CAM' wire...

Can i really use CAM wire to connect the red wire to?

Or do i have to connect the red wire to the power for the reverse light (tail light that comes on when the car is in reverse) ?

And is the power for the reverse light the same as brakelight?Or is it two different ?

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Can i really use CAM wire to connect the red wire to?

If it supplies +12 volts yeah...

Or do i have to connect the red wire to the power for the reverse light (tail light that comes on when the car is in reverse) ?

Decide if you want the CD player or putting the car in reverse to turn on the camera, your choice...

And is the power for the reverse light the same as brakelight?Or is it two different ?

I meant reverse light sorry, they are different you should connect to the reverse light...

brev

Jul 9, 2012
How do one know which wire on the reverse light is the red wire to be connected to?

If one is standing behind the car(1 meter away from the cars position) and looking to the back of the car, is it then:

The right side or the left side to connect the red wire to?

And what is the color of the power reverse wire? (which i assume has to be cut in half and then join the red wire with it)How do i find it?

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
How do one know which wire on the reverse light is the red wire to be connected to?

The one that supplies +12 volts... Not the ground, check with a multimeter...

The right side or the left side to connect the red wire to?

They should be common, so either or...

And what is the color of the power reverse wire?

Can't say get a wiring diagram for your specific model car and look it up...

(which i assume has to be cut in half and then join the red wire with it)

That is one way, but most would use a quick inline splice connector...

How do i find it?

Start taking apart the decorative panels in the back of the car and track it down... A service manual for your vehicle would benefit you...

brev

Jul 9, 2012
I have a 12 volt battery on my car.

So is it the same if i connect the red wire to the back of the left-side of the car where the reverse power wire is located or the right side of the back of the car where the right reverse power wire is located?

And is the reverse wire located on both of the back sides corner of the car?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
So is it the same if i connect the red wire to the back of the left-side of the car where the reverse power wire is located or the right side of the back of the car where the right reverse power wire is located?

It's almost certainly the same wire...

And is the reverse wire located on both of the back sides corner of the car?

If you have back up lights on both sides of the car, yes... Start by remvoing the reverse lights, the wire hooked to them is the wire you want...

brev

Jul 9, 2012
cocacola you said: The one that supplies +12 volts... Not the ground, check with a multimeter...end quote

My question is:
Is it more than one wire which is hooked to the reverse-light?

What do i need mulitmeter for if the wire i want is hooked to the reverse light?

And is there any ground wire hooked to the reverse light?

Do i have to connect the yellow wire from camera to CCD video IN on the cd player?Or is it another wire than ccd for the yellow camera wire?

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
A light needs a supply voltage and path back to ground, so there is either two wires hooked up to the light (ground and +12 switched) or one wire (+12 switched) and the light socket is physically mounted to the frame of the car that is ground...

Every car is different, so I can't give you specifics...

brev

Jul 9, 2012
Is it not the same voltage +12 on both back corners in reverse power light?
And what will happen if i dont connect to +12 but another volt on the reverse light?

And is the yellow wire from camera to be connected to the ccd video in?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
brev you are going in circles now asking the same questions that have already been answered...