Connect with us

how to connect KTY10 temp sensor to a PIC ADC input pin?

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by jerk, Oct 24, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jerk

jerk

Oct 13, 2010
    Hi,
    do I need to use op amp to do this? Can someone make me the wiring diagram, with the proper resistor value and op amp label (4 channel if possible since I will have four of this sensors)?
    Maybe below schematic will help (google search).
    [​IMG]

I will aslo need the temp equation (I found this on one site - don't know if it is correct) + I don't know how is with data for those sensors. Somewhere the temp rage is stated in the range from -30 to +130 deg celsius, whereas somewhere from -50 to +180 and also the resistance at 25 deg celsius is not allways the same (1930-1970 ohm)

Attached Files:

2. juantravel

juantravel

May 14, 2010
    Tempature sensors

There are a few sensors in the market which will give you more accuracy. One is DS18S20 and the other is LM35. There are quite a bit of tutorials involving both sensors and pic micro's.In the picture the thermistor and the resistor are acting as a voltage divider which gives the op amp a reference voltage. I'm not big into hardware but if i can remember correctly that is a non-inverting op-amp circuit. That's as far as my knowledge can take you.

Ask a Question