Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to connect a newer Shaded Pole Motor in my oven?

tatamm

Apr 30, 2018
Hello!

Fist of all I'm sorry about my bad english. Could be better (I know) but I'll try my best! (It is more or less self-taught!)

So, I have to buy a new cooler vent for my old (baking) oven. The Problem here is I not only have to change the Shaded Pole Motor (in short: SPM) but also the connectors, too!
There are in different places !!!

The original SPM does have connectors left and right from the "coil".
The newer SPM does have connectors both left from the "coil". One on bottom and one above.
This is irritating me a lot, because I don't know how I have to connect to the right connectors!
Or does that matter in anyway?

How can I find out how to connect the right connectors to the cables from the oven?
I only know the original SPM on the left connector which becomes the signal to switch on from the thermal relay (in original: "ZN Limitator").
The thermal relay will work after a few seconds after turning on the (baking) oven and will switch on the SPM.
Soooo....
I GUESS the original SPM (left connector) is the "phase" and the right side must be ground then.
But how I figure it out for the newer SPM which has only to connectors on the left side of the coil?
Maybe I can measure it out with a multimeter?
See pictures for better understanding, please!
♥ Thank you very much for helping me! ♥

This one is my old original SPM:
Here you can see clearly now the connectors. The connector on the left side of the coil (here in the picture on bottom) is switched on thru the thermal relay:
20180427_174725ihpss.jpg

____
And this one will be the new SPM. It's the original replacement for my (baking) oven, but my supplier won't give me further instructions for connecting it.
The original SPM isn't produce further anymore!
Here you can see the two connectors only on the left side of the coil, which makes me curios how to connect correctly then:
398721791w5p2s.jpg

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
The old motor has only two male terminals; so does the new one. Their physical positions on the motor do not matter. Just tape/tie the existing group of three wires (top of the picture) together and connect them to one terminal. Tape/tie the existing group of two wires (bottom of the picture) together then connect them to the other terminal.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
As already stated, the 3 conductors and the other pair constitute two connections to the motor.
What I would tend to do is place the conductors on each of sides into a suitably sized single stake-on spade terminal connector and connect this way for the motor pair.
M.

tatamm

Apr 30, 2018
You guys are crazy! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!
Thank you! :)
!!! Just great !!!;)

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
And it does not matter which is the phase and which is the neutral.

The motor metalwork should be ground or earth, this will be done elsewhere.