Connect with us

How to choose which gl55 series LDR

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by spikey1973, May 29, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. spikey1973

spikey1973

Jul 16, 2014
    oke,

i just want to use a LDR to make a sensor to sense the back ground light intensity, to automatic adjust the intensity of a ledstrip.
    something simple

I have a set of gl55 ldr's to do that (5506/5516/5528/5537/5539), i understand that i can basically use them all., but I would like to understand which would be best, but most of all the why! and i'd like to.

I believe the Y 100/10 value says something about that, but i could be wrong, and then I'm also not sure if i would want Y 100/10 to be high or low?

or it there a reason to go for another series of LDR?

any thoughts..?

kind greatz

Matt

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    That will depend on your aplication. Does this help you?

spikey1973 likes this.
  3. spikey1973

spikey1973

Jul 16, 2014
    @Harald Kapp,

Thank you! This gives me some interesting information! I will re-do the same setup but with a different choice of light points as these do not relate very well to my plans project..

But this is definately a good way of coming to my own conclusions and shows that not all would suffice!

Your reply is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Matt.

Ask a Question