Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how to charge those capacitors please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butcher

Jun 10, 2011
hey guys ,, i am new to this forum and to the electronics thing too :D .
(English is not my mother language so please forgive me for wrong words and mistakes :)) .
ok i was working on a small basic stun gun for self def .. i opened an old camera and tested it ,, all nice ! then BAM the circuit isnt working any more .. no reason at all :confused: !
i DONT want to fix it :) i want to start another 1 from scratch .. i have every thing i need (i think) .
but i want to change something first ,, i have about 4 capacitors , all is 330v(or less or more in small amounts) and 1 is 210uf (the others is less) .
i want a circuit that charge them ALL and make them ready to shock and if it is possible to make the circuit charge 1 if i removed the others (for pranks) without overcharge it .
is that possible ,, and plz plz dont just throw the circuit image and go :) a noobie need some help here :) .
thank you all .
Edit : i want to charge it using 9v Battery.

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Ethically, I dont really want to share a cct with you that you can use to injure people ... its just not right. I dont want to be sued for personal damages.
I susect the majority of decent people on here would feel the same way

but to give you just a small hint. to charge a hi voltage capacitor from a 9V battery you are going to need a hi voltage oscillator/generator.

cheers
Dave

butcher

Jun 10, 2011
Ethically, I dont really want to share a cct with you that you can use to injure people ... its just not right. I dont want to be sued for personal damages.
I susect the majority of decent people on here would feel the same way

but to give you just a small hint. to charge a hi voltage capacitor from a 9V battery you are going to need a hi voltage oscillator/generator.

cheers
Dave

hey :).
thanks man ,, and i understand you ,, its OK , but i am not making a weapon ,, i am just making a self defense tool , not like i am goin to attack random people. and it cant damage , it just stop the man from moving for just 3 minutes that will allow me to escape/call police ...etc .

and i chosen this as my FIRST circuit cuz its (easy/useful/i have every thing i need for it) ,, i don't want to make sthn i wont use ,, i want to make sthn i can use and not very hard ,, thats why i chosen this circuit .

hint. to charge a hi voltage capacitor from a 9V battery you are going to need a hi voltage oscillator/generator.
thanks .
i already know that :D ,, but the question is how to make it ,, i want the circuit with some details please ,, i am kinda new here ,, so help ? .
thank you VERY MUCH :eek: .

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
And how do you propose to test this? To make sure that it has stopping power without being lethal? I am not a beginner and I would not even think about attempting such a project. If you succeed in creating the voltage / current needed, you are VERY likely to hurt yourself or someone else. Don't do it.

Bob

butcher

Jun 10, 2011
And how do you propose to test this? To make sure that it has stopping power without being lethal? I am not a beginner and I would not even think about attempting such a project. If you succeed in creating the voltage / current needed, you are VERY likely to hurt yourself or someone else. Don't do it.

Bob

and why they created the voltmeter .
man ,, if you arent a beginner ,, u should know that 330v 120uF is not a minor shock !
and you should also know that its just the amps that kill you. even if you get shocked with 1 000 000 volts as long as its under so many milliamps (i believe its 30-40) you'll be ok, might sh-it yourself but you'll live .

+ its legal to carry 1 in my country , i am an adult and i know what i am doin + i am doin this for eduction more than i am doin it for personal use ,, , but who knows what might happen ,, so can you guys please stop being my parents and start helping me ?

thank you very much .

Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
All I will say then is please err on the safe side, so that instead of killing someone, your attacker is only angered a bit more and it is you who suffer the consequences.

Bob

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Capacitors such as you have can provide many tens of amps depending on the external resistance.
Electric fencers are rated on energy and the most powerful ones hold about 1 Joule, your capacitors can hold 6.5J. Blunderbusses were more dangerous for the firers than for those they were fired at. Your zapper may have similar characteristics.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
hi butcher. saw this post and as i live in australia i cannot carry a stun gun legally. i advise you to buy one if its legal. the reasoning behind this is if it is legal to carry a stun gun then the ones sold in shops will be held to a standard that will protect you but not kill them. also they usually have a more sturdy construction that means it is more unlikely that the cover will crack and expose you to internal wiring. the housing of the object will be insulated well enough to protect you as well. if in the end you do decide to create your own then find one and copy it, then you can figure out how it works AND more importantly you can test what voltage and amperage they use as it will be within the legal guidelines of your country. be safe on this "project". and i sincerely hope you never have to use it. best of luck

butcher

Jun 10, 2011
?

guys , i was playing with cameras since i was a kid . i zapped tons of people ,, including my self HUNDREDS of times . any way , i just want to charge it ,, i wont kill any 1 ,, (basically cuz i dont want to spend rest of my life in jail) , i just want to make sthn easy and usefull .
even if i used it for other things (there is tons of things i can use that circuit with) .
can any expert help me here .. PLEASE !
thanks !

butcher

Jun 10, 2011
hi butcher. saw this post and as i live in australia i cannot carry a stun gun legally. i advise you to buy one if its legal. the reasoning behind this is if it is legal to carry a stun gun then the ones sold in shops will be held to a standard that will protect you but not kill them. also they usually have a more sturdy construction that means it is more unlikely that the cover will crack and expose you to internal wiring. the housing of the object will be insulated well enough to protect you as well. if in the end you do decide to create your own then find one and copy it, then you can figure out how it works AND more importantly you can test what voltage and amperage they use as it will be within the legal guidelines of your country. be safe on this "project". and i sincerely hope you never have to use it. best of luck

thanks you very much for your nice replay ..
but in my country ,, its hard to find some1 sells those things , i think i can find 1 here ,, but as i said i want to make this for education in the first place ,, i dont want to spend 25$ for thing i can do for free .
and i wont learn sthn if i bought 1 ..
and can you give me a circuit and surely ill be happy copying it exactly :D . with images if u can .
thank you !

and i promise u guys after this project you'll find ALOT of questions in this section ,., i am just some1 who want o learn .
thank you .

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The first thing you should learn is that working with dangerous voltages is not the first thing you should learn.

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A weapon is a weapon. Doesn't matter if it's used for self defence or not.

You can look up this stuff all over the web if you put 5 minutes into it.

But I too am not going to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.