Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to change LED flashing?

sid2286

Aug 24, 2011
Hello,

I have circuit ( Not designed by me) which has a LED flashing(Blinking) of 250msec, i want to change that flashing to slow on and slow off. something similary to ramp output.

please advice how do i do it?

Thanks,
SId

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Change those two parts over there.

If that wasn't helpful, please consider asking a question that has useful information in it.

schematic
voltage
Schematic
current
Schematic
Power source
Schematic
LED part number

While you're at it, please post your schematic.

ak

sid2286

Aug 24, 2011
hello,

this is a device with multiple functionalities , for eg: press switch - > LED ON
Long press -> LED Blink
press switch - > LED OFF

Now, except LED and its terminal (Soldering pins) everything is enclosed and sealed, the supply is 5v from batteries.

I want to twig the circuit from blinking to slow ON and Slow OFF.
is there anyway as in i can do that using a cap, ics etc.

want to do that at a very low cost.

Thanks,
Sid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
The blinking is almost certainly controlled by a microprocessor. The only way to change its frequency is to reprogram it.

ak

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
.... and while you are re-programming it it woud be straightforward (to a programmer) to incorporate the fade-in fade-out feature.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The last one of those LED flashlight modules I took apart (and it was a long time ago) used a small 8 pin PIC which was flash programmable (I.e. not a OTP device).

A more recent board that I've seen (but not examined in great detail) used a chip with a similar pin count but could not be immediately identified by me. It could have been anything and may not be reprogrammable.

You would have to determine what your board uses to create the functionality and determine if it is viable to change it. Remember that you will likely need to start any software from scratch as you most likely won't be able to read it from a microcontroller, and even if you could you won't be reading the source from it.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Many LED flashlights now use custom chips designed specifically for the application. All random logic design, no microcode, often with a small power MOSFET onboard.

ak