Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to build a Wi-Fi Extender?

bako96

Mar 9, 2018
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I want to build a Wi-Fi extender for my electromagnetism course but i have some problems. Basically i need a receiver to catch signal and sender to resend it. Unfortunately i don't know all materials specifically which i need. Also i don't know exactly how to install it. Can anyone help me?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I want to build a Wi-Fi extender for my electromagnetism course

what is your experience with RF electronics (Radio Frequency) ?

Basically i need a receiver to catch signal and sender to resend it. Unfortunately i don't know all materials specifically which i need. Also i don't know exactly how to install it.

This is a very complex project and I doubt you have the knowledge to complete it if you have to ask questions like that :(

You may be able to buy modules and wire them together and add a plugpack power supply ... but it isn't really teaching you much about RF

I suggest you look at a more easier and realistic project .... eg. a FM receiver :)

Dave

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Besides what davenn already wrote, it's an inappropriate project for an electromagnetism course. How about constructing a solenoid water valve to water plants based on soil moisture level? That seems a mountain easier to climb and puts magnetism at the heart of how to get a thing done (water flowing).

bako96

Mar 9, 2018
what is your experience with RF electronics (Radio Frequency) ?

This is a very complex project and I doubt you have the knowledge to complete it if you have to ask questions like that :(

You may be able to buy modules and wire them together and add a plugpack power supply ... but it isn't really teaching you much about RF

I suggest you look at a more easier and realistic project .... eg. a FM receiver :)

Dave

Thanks for your project idea. Actually you are not the only person who finds my project hard and complex. I'm still thinking for other ideas such as yagi or dipole antenna for a wifi device but for now ı'm just collecting information.

bako96

Mar 9, 2018
Besides what davenn already wrote, it's an inappropriate project for an electromagnetism course. How about constructing a solenoid water valve to water plants based on soil moisture level? That seems a mountain easier to climb and puts magnetism at the heart of how to get a thing done (water flowing).

Actually your idea seems really interesting but unfortunately i've already chosen my project topic and it is about Wi-Fi.

andrea chiu

Mar 13, 2018
Hi, I think I have something for you to check about your concern on WiFi extenders. I hope it will help you with your project. Link below but if not just try to look for the more easiest project.
[link removed]

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, I think I have something for you to check about your concern on WiFi extenders. I hope it will help you with your project. Link below but if not just try to look for the more easiest project.
[link removed]

Hi Andrea
I removed your link as it wasn't relevant ... the OP is wanting to build a WiFi expender .... probably something way beyond his abilities
just be careful with what links you post
I wouldn't want to ban you for spamming ;) :)

Dave