Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to boost audio volume coming from a telephone

Corrector

Oct 5, 2012
So I have this circuitry in the attachment

MFxjG.jpg

• 4p4c goes to a telephone plug
  • LSteil means the part of the telephone that emits audio data, ie the speaker
  • Mikroteil means the part of the telephone that receives what is being spoken ie the microphone
  • KopfhörerEingang goes to a Socket to put a Headset's headphones plug in
  • the connector at the bottommost goes into the headphones output at a computer's soundcard
  • Übertrager 1:6 is an audio transformer/transducer
  • Masse is Mass
  • Links is Left
  • Rechts is Right
  • Signal is signal

Purpose is to connect the soundcard with a telephone to also play computer generated samples over phone, while listening and talking using a headset with two cables(microphone and speaker).

It works with one drawback: The Headset's speaker is low volume. How to boost the Headset's speaker's volume? When picking up the telephone handset the volume is high enough but using the Headset's speaker using the circuitry it isn't.

Last edited:

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Sounds like you need to use a separate powered amplifier for your speaker. A small transistor-based one should be fine - maybe class B or AB given the use of transformers in your circuit.

Corrector

Oct 5, 2012
Sounds like you need to use a separate powered amplifier for your speaker. A small transistor-based one should be fine - maybe class B or AB given the use of transformers in your circuit.
Like this Class AB Amplifier?
given the use of transformers in your circuit
What does that mean?

PS: What are your comments regarding the circuitry?

Last edited:

Corrector

Oct 5, 2012
Where are your manners?

I may come back to this thread if I have time after replying to people who make the effort at being polite.

Go find a beautiful women who satisfies you and don't come back before you'll have accomplished that.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I already have one thanks.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
He obviously discarded his copy of "How To Make Friends & Influence People". :rolleyes:

Chris