Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to boost Ardrino Output

Farukh Khan

Jun 12, 2015
Hello,

I have been trying to boost all of my ardrino output by making a ardrino mega shield using my own pcb design. I want to use some transistors diodes and capacitors for boosting the output using another 5V power supply from another power supply to boost it. So, guys please suggest me what Volt and uF capacitor I might use along with what transistors and diodes to boost the ardrino output in the form of ardrino shield. I want to boost only the digital pins. The analog pins will remain as it is because some might need pull up registors to properly supply the analog data.

Please help me guys.

Thanks in advance.....

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello,

I have been trying to boost all of my ardrino output by making a ardrino mega shield using my own pcb design. I want to use some transistors diodes and capacitors for boosting the output using another 5V power supply from another power supply to boost it. So, guys please suggest me what Volt and uF capacitor I might use along with what transistors and diodes to boost the ardrino output in the form of ardrino shield. I want to boost only the digital pins. The analog pins will remain as it is because some might need pull up registors to properly supply the analog data.

Please help me guys.

Thanks in advance.....

What do you want to boost it to. I assume you mean increase the current available when the outputs switch so you can drive higher power loads?
Adam

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You need a half-bridge circuit. Two MOSFETs (one N-channel, one P-channel) will do it, if properly chosen. They must be fully on at 5V and pass negligible current at 2.5V to avoid shoot-through.

Bob

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
That works fine if you only need to sink current.

Bob