Connect with us

How is a signal read inside transistor?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sana, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sana

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
    I understand the on/off logic and the communication by binary indexing. But within a transistor and the incoming request signal how does the signal travel to that specific index? Also, because the signal is magnetic when arriving to a number for instance 0101 to determine if the gathered request is true when the request is 0100 is the signal weaken or lost? What should I read to fully understand how transistors work. And a book on how they were programmed when they were first discovered?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to EP :)
    you have a lot of mis-understandings

there is none

it isn't

google how does a transistor work ..... there are zillions of www sites on t he subject.
    do some reading and then come back with specific questions on anything you don't understand

3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Transistors aren't programmed.

Are you talking about electromagnetic (radio) transmission of information? There's a lot more involved than just transistors.

4. Sana

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
    From what I have come to understand about transistors they were first functional for memory, of course after vacuum tubes. Given that light is a source of electrons and magnetism, and sound too I believe, an analog signal can travel along with electrocurrent. So the material inside micro transistors (chips) can store information in bits (binary) but to extract the information or set it forth into use I cannot see how the signal can output on command through the many bits inside a transistor. Without loosing the information inside the signal sent that travels inside a chip how does it eventually allocated the information?

5. Sana

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
    This is a video on images are reduced into size manually. And thus the programming of transistors (chips) and output of the information.

6. Hopup

Hopup

Jul 5, 2015
    Are you meaning SRAM/DRAM type memory? There are quite clear articles about how it works on the internet.

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

this is all incorrect and the bolded bit is just totally nutz :(

PLEASE go and do the google search on how transistors work as I suggested earlier

I will close this thread in the mean time
    AFTER you have done some reading, come back with specific questions on anything you don't understand
    and start a new thread with specific things you don't understand about what you have read/tutoroial videos watched .... give links etc so we can see what you have been reading/watching

Dave

Ask a Question