Connect with us

How do I switch a 220 Volt incandescent lamp from a PIC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by piczim, Dec 26, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. piczim

piczim

Dec 13, 2012
    I would like to know how I can switch several 220Volt coloured lights through an electronic component other than a realy. I have a PIC which has a very radom sequence of the outputs coming on, I wanted to find out what I can connect to the outputs to get some coloured lights to flash atmy new years party.

Thanks

Rodney

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Google "solid state relay". This is probably the safest option for someone who needs to ask this question :)

Or look on ebay.

3. piczim

piczim

Dec 13, 2012
    Thank you

4. piczim

piczim

Dec 13, 2012
    If I was to use a MOC3021 ( Data Sheet http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/f/0cjdp09fa6zkrlh8lp5dxklzajcy.pdf ) Prom a PIC 16F84A would I need to put a resistor value 270R 0.25W onto pin 1 of the opto isolator. I will then use the opto isolator to switch a BT136 Triac which will in turn switch 3 x 40 Watt coloured incandescent lamps. Unless of course you can suggest a simpler method.

Thanks

Rodney

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    There are opto-isolated triacs in a single package. That would simplify things a little.

Bob

Ask a Question