Maker Pro

How Do I regulate 3v DC?

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Read up on the difference between Parallel and Series befores you continue

Last edited:

The Merry Yeoman

Mar 8, 2016
You could try, say, 470uF (rated for >20V in case the supply gets inadvertently switched to its maximum voltage setting).
Maybe I need to know why 470 and why 20v because I have one available that is 220μF and 200v from a video player OR I have one 2200μF and 16v from a phone.
It would be nice to know that I had the supplies right here that I need.
FYI the maximum voltage setting on my adapter is 12vdc in case that makes a difference.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
If you put a fresh set to two AAA cells in your mysterious thingy and leave it turned on, does it work? How long do the two AAA cells last before it no longer works?

You have probably blown an internal fuse in your multimeter. Get a new fuse or a new multimeter and learn that you never try to measure using the current function of the multimeter by placing the probes across a voltage source, even something as "low" as a pair of series-connected AAA cells. You have to open the circuit between the cells and the load by removing one wire (cut it if necessary) and placing the probes between the wire end and point you removed the wire from. If the meter has a 20 A functions, this will invariably be on a separate meter jack. The mA and μA current measuring functions will share the same jack as the voltage and resistance measuring functions. In all cases you will use the COMmon jack as the second terminal. It is unlikely that you will have blown a fuse using the 20 A jack, but it is also likely you won't see much current there from two AAA cells wired in series. So try the mA range first. Find a low-valued resistor, say, 100 to 1000 ohms and connect this resistor in series with one AAA cell and your meter test leads. Report back here what current you read. This to verify that you are measuring current properly. If the multimeter has AC versus DC selections, make sure it is set to measure DC current. Do not omit the resistor when making current measurements. Do not place the probes directly across the AAA cell terminals while trying to measure current.

Better get those stalls finished before Global Warming kicks in for your area. Ugh! I did that one summer for four horse stalls. There's gotta be a better way... but it sure made for some really green grass that year.