Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do I load a schematic in the body of my message?

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
When I "upload a file" with the tab at the bottom of the page, it attaches the drawing as a separate file, which has to be opened separately, but I've seen posts where the schematic is part of the message.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
If you've attached the file ok, you can use the "full image" button under the uploaded file to insert it into your message in the desired place :).

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
If you've attached the file ok, you can use the "full image" button under the uploaded file to insert it into your message in the desired place :).

Hi Ian, many thanks. Unfortunately neither your technique nor Lavaguava's works with me. I have attached the file, but there's no "full image" button on my screen. And in Lavaguava's case the key combination just reprints the screen, it doesn't help me to pick up an image on my hard drive and paste it into the message. Thanks for your help, though. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

ADD:
Oh good! I've just got it to work. Don't know how, I was just messing about with Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V, and suddenly the drawing appeared! Miracle!
Many thanks for your help. At least we got the drawing on the page.
Best wishes,
Errol

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
for full image ......

embedding full image.JPG

here's a screenshot see the image thumbnail at the bottom, and the 2 buttons beside it "Thumbnail" and "Full Image"
click you mouse in the text section to get the cursor where you want the full image to be, THEN click on the Full Image button

Dave

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
for full image ......

View attachment 23897

here's a screenshot see the image thumbnail at the bottom, and the 2 buttons beside it "Thumbnail" and "Full Image"
click you mouse in the text section to get the cursor where you want the full image to be, THEN click on the Full Image button

Dave

Hi Dave

Many thanks for your reply and for going to all that trouble. Unfortunately mine doesn't look like that.

Underneath my name at the end of the message it says:

Attached Files
[then there's a little image of the page, which, if you click, downloads the picture on to your hard drive]
[then comes]
[File name]
File size ...
Views ...
[and under that]
ecollen, Yesterday at 5:16 PM Report
[and on the right]

I don't have those Thumbnail and Full image tabs

I see, by the way, that my file is a PDF. Perhaps that's the difference.

In any case, as I said, I fiddled around, and in some unknown way I got the drawing to appear. You can see it in the Circuit Help forum. I called it Components for this amplifier.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Errol

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Dave

Many thanks for your reply and for going to all that trouble. Unfortunately mine doesn't look like that.

Underneath my name at the end of the message it says:

are you on a phone rather than a computer ??

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
are you on a phone rather than a computer ??

Hi Dave
No, I'm on my ordinary laptop that I do all my work on. But it's not a problem. By the way, have you seen the schematic in "Components for this amplifier" in the "Circuit Help" forum? Does it look okay there? Incidentally, what's the story with those capacitors? Am I right about the polarised and non-polarised ones?
Cheers,
Errol