Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do I fix this "blown" pcb area?

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
Yes, I was suggesting that the capacitors could be removed and the power supply to the coil should still work, assuming the schematic to which I linked is reasonably accurate. Rather than burning more traces, though, I added that putting a light in series might keep it running long enough, since current will be limited to the maximum current of the bulb, to find the faulty component. One consideration is even if the faulty component is found, you may not be able to find a replacement.

Can you try a known good heater coil with this unit or conversely, the coil you have been trying with a known good supply?

The more details you give, the more I think that the problem is not where the failure occurred. That failure point was just the weakest link. When you get down stream, you are dealing with high frequency and high voltage without a schematic. Any problem there may be a bit tougher to solve.

John

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I have not seen a fuse labeled as shown.
T is normally for time delay or slow blow to allow capacitors etc. to charge when switched on.

250V is the maximum voltage that the fuse should be subjected to. Higher voltage fuses will be longer and have ceramic bodies to resist the arc.

mursal

Dec 13, 2013
While you lift of the capacitors, did you give us the name/model of the oven? Too see if someone could find a diagram for you?
Did you try E-Bay for a replacement board, I know that's spoiling the party, you, like me, would rather fix it. But it might be worth a look?

peterzz

Feb 9, 2014
While you lift of the capacitors, did you give us the name/model of the oven? Too see if someone could find a diagram for you?
Did you try E-Bay for a replacement board, I know that's spoiling the party, you, like me, would rather fix it. But it might be worth a look?

its a siemens eh76450, all details are in last picture. have been unable to find mucht about it,

peterzz

Feb 9, 2014
So finally got some decent tools to use, small update: ohm measurements.

Both red lines in the picture is how far i can measure 2 ohm's resistance in the pcb. one starting from neutral line, one starting from phase line. Im reasonably sure that these should not be so low for so long
acFEnve.jpg

they both seem to almost reach the thing under the heatsink, what im thinking is some kind of port switch?

Last edited: