Connect with us

How do I find 12v dc wall wart?

Discussion in 'Beginner Electronics' started by rppb, Nov 18, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rppb

    rppb Guest

    I need a 12v dc wall wart rated at 10mv or above that will accept a 1/8"
    cable with the +12v applied to the tip. I did a search and can't find 1/8"
    listed on any of the items listed. Thanks
  2. PeterD

    PeterD Guest

    Well, you've got your terms mixed: 10mv? Were you trying to say 10 MA?
    or 10 watts? (10 ma of current is not very much, about 1/8 watt of

    As to the connector, you may have to fabricate your own end if you
    can't find a universal unit to work--but first check both WalMart and
    Radio Shack to see what they have.

    And figure out what voltage, and current you really need! <g>
  3. rppb

    rppb Guest

    Sorry 10mA
  4. jasen

    jasen Guest

    They measure those plugs in mm, try 3.5mm, a common size from the
    ballpark of 1/8"

  5. PeterD

    PeterD Guest

    Could I ask what you are powering that needs only 10 MA? That's not
    very much power (as I mentioned in my post...) I'm wondering about
    voltage regulation with very low current draws from generic wall
    warts--many of them will give you much more than 12V when such a light
    load is drawn.

    Also read the other reply on jack sizes, as I agree that that is
    probalby what you are looking for...
  6. rppb

    rppb Guest

    Thanks I found one.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day