Connect with us

How do i connect a digital meter to solar panel to read amperage

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mrel, Jul 30, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mrel

mrel

Jul 2, 2008
    Hi
    How do i connect a digital meter to solar panel to read amperage from solar panel.
    Enclosed pictures of the digital meter and picture how i connect the digital meter to read voltage from the solar panel, need know how to connect digital meter to read amperage.
    mrel

Attached Files:

2. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Pretend that the "Power/Charger" in this picture is the solar panel, and the load is what it is powering or the battery you're charging with it.

https://robu.in/product/0-28-inch-d...c-100v-50a-led-amp-volt-meter-shunt-red-blue/

Where you get your "Supply Power DC4-28V" depends on whether the solar panel outputs in that range and stays above 4V, or else you're going to need a battery and/or regulator circuit for it, or in the case of dropouts below 4V when it isn't sunny, maybe it doesn't matter since you know the panel is at low voltage anyway?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  3. mrel

mrel

Jul 2, 2008
    Does this circuit need a shunt in the circuit?
    The meter got did not come with a shunt.
    For load want to hookup solar panel to read amperage out put of the solar panel would that work ,with out the shunt?
    mrel

4. airgap

airgap

Sep 18, 2018

Attached Files:

• s.jpg
      s.jpg
      File size:
      14 KB
      Views:
Ask a Question