Connect with us

How do generate a signal (rising or falling edge) to switch this unit?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by xcpointx, May 19, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. xcpointx

    xcpointx Guest

    I have no idea what kind of signal to give this unit to get it to
    switch. Im sure it will be an easy answer for any electronics
    professional out there.

    Its a guitar preamp (carvin Quad X), with old style 'midi' input jack

    Here is the relevant part of the schematics:


    the whole schematic is midi schematics/8400114_C_G_small.gif

    Your help will really be appreciated.

    Any advice?
  2. Any logic signal that swings about the amplitude of the V+ supply
    should work. I would probably try a 4000 series CMOS gate or buffer.
    What is the V+ voltage?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day