Connect with us

How could I wire a reverb tank into an existing bass amp ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Electric Al, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Electric Al

Electric Al

Jan 16, 2014
    How could I wire a reverb tank into an existing bass amp.

I would like to have the tank in a separate enclosure , and be able to just plug it in to the bass amp .

I have amps that I can experiment with .

This is likely a dumb question !

2. Electric Al

Electric Al

Jan 16, 2014
    I should not have named this thread so . I know it can be done , I just need to know how to do it !

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Did you try Googleing circuits for this?
    It might be a quick way to see what's out there is use right now.

4. Electric Al

Electric Al

Jan 16, 2014
    Explain Please !

I tried to google it , and I can not find a wiring diagram , that is why I posted this on the site !

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Sounds like you've tried Googleing this.
    Did you try re-wording your query?
    I sometimes have to reword my Google searches several times to hit on the key words that Google connects their information to.
    I find it hard to believe that somebody, somewhere, hasn't posted information about what you're looking for.
    Perhaps you need to be more circuit specific? Or even something less specific in your query to open-up new search parameters, and then follow what becomes available after that?
    Maybe zeroing-in on audio amplification or guitar centric requests. Something more identified to your specific application.
    I use a commercial reverb on my stereo audio amplifier, but don't know anything about adding reverb to a guitar amplifier.
    With all of the guitar enthusiasts out there, there's just gotta be information on bass-specific reverb circuits. You just need to use different wording in your Google searches.
    (I would think)
    I just Googled 'do it yourself guitar reverb circuits', for example, and got plenty of hits.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    if you're talking about a spring reverb unit, you'll need an amplifier to drive the reverb unit, and another to amplify the output to the same level as your signal input. Then you'll need a potentiometer to adjust the ratio between the input signal and the reverb signal.

Ask a Question