Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How Cathode ray tube televison set work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo29

Nov 28, 2016
Hello,
i have opened my tv set it has pcb circuit with cathode ray tube.
please tell how this work why so many wires are here?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 99
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 103
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 68
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 70
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 67
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 67
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 82

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What you are looking at is the back of a very large vacuum tube. The bits you're looking at are the low voltage connections. You'll probably only find voltages of a couple of hundred volts here.

The back end of a colour picture tube has three electron guns, connections for various elements which focus the beams and coils which generate magnetic fields to deflect those beams.

On the side of the tube closer to the front week be a connector for several tens of kV.

Many of these connections can have voltages which can give you a really bad day. These voltages in some cases can persist for a long time after power is removed.

Why do you think you have a problem with the picture tube and why do you want to try to fix it?

Robo29

Nov 28, 2016
The back end of a colour picture tube has three electron guns
where please mark.
Why do you think you have a problem with the picture tube and why do you want to try to fix it?
it is working i want to learn and want to connect embedded system with it can we do this?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
where please mark.

Inside the neck.

it is working i want to learn and want to connect embedded system with it can we do this?

I guess anything is possible but it would be far easier to generate a modulated signal than trying to interface to the tube directly.

A mid point would be to bypass the tuner, but that's as far as I'd go.

Status
Not open for further replies.