Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How can i increase the wireless range of this device?!!!

surya schwarzennegger

Apr 18, 2013
Hello,
Just got a wireless camera receiver and scanner

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WCH-350X-...ectronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item19ded2e4ff

Pls check the attached picture here too,

I like to improve the signal range,is Yagi antenna helpful? ,Came across some articles in the internet,its possible to received signals even from 6 miles distances.

I am a absolute beginner in Electronics .

Your advise much appreciated.Thank's for your time.

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 144

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
A Yagi will increase the distance that a signal can be received. This is achieved at the expense of a restricted field of view.

A Yagi is optimised for one frequency but your frequency range is very wide. If you know the transmitted power and frequency and transmitter antenna gain, then someone better than me could tell you the possible line of sight range.

I do not know where you are or the legislation that you might have. There will be restrictions on field strength (power) and frequency.

surya schwarzennegger

Apr 18, 2013
A Yagi will increase the distance that a signal can be received. This is achieved at the expense of a restricted field of view.

A Yagi is optimised for one frequency but your frequency range is very wide. If you know the transmitted power and frequency and transmitter antenna gain, then someone better than me could tell you the possible line of sight range.

I do not know where you are or the legislation that you might have. There will be restrictions on field strength (power) and frequency.

Thank you duke37

Me too in UK.