Connect with us

How are GUIs programmed?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Terry Gould, Sep 24, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Terry Gould

Terry Gould

Jul 31, 2014
    Basically I was wondering how GUIs for electronics with colour displays are programmed.

This may seem obvious to some but I am self taught with electronics and programming micro controllers etc.

For example a simple electronic racing game with a joy stick and buttons to control the things on screen or a touch screen central heating controller
    with a colour screen with a analog looking clock, screen saver etc.

How would this be programmed? Ie. What language would need to be known, what software would be used etc?

I know making such a device is way beyond a self taught hobbyist but I am just curious on how this is done

Thanks

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    There are always numerous ways of doing things like this. If you like, have a read through this:
    http://www.coranac.com/tonc/text/
    It covers programming for a GameBoy Advance system, and has lots of details regarding programming images, lines, sprites, etc.
    While this may not be a word-for-word solution to do the same thing with a PIC, it does give you some decent ideas of what you can expect.
    The language of choice here is C

Ask a Question